Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot remove or delete old template(s).

Have two old template files which were migrated to a new iMac 0S X. Tried to delete them and Pages will not give that option.

Tried FORMAT > ADVANCED > MANAGE PAGES. No success. Opened File Info > unlocked and tried to delete: No success. Tried to edit/delete content on the actual template: No success. Tried to use Finder to find My Templates in file listings but cannot find it, either.

It can't be that hard to manage my own templates. Does anyone know what to do?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Jan 21, 2013 9:40 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thank-you so much. I knew I was in trouble when I could not find the string (?) to wherever My Templates were in Finder.. Thanks for the file path directions. Whew! Nice page you have set up there!!

You are very knowledgable about the file path-system. Should I be reviewing how the details of my file information and paths are set up so I can follow them better in the future?

Have a great day, mate! (I hope I said that right,.... sorry, I'm in Canada, ... eh?)

Jan 21, 2013 10:39 PM in response to F. Quill

Mostly you just ignore the file path, but in this case I need to tell you where to look.

You can set up Finder to show you the file paths at the foot of Finder windows if you want:

Finder > Menu > View > Show Path Bar

Peter

It's "G'day mate".🙂 You are confusing us with your southern neighbors.

But then it has only been relatively recently I have been able to distinguish Canadians from Septic Tanks, as I got to chat with the Deputy High Commissioner, "All aboot Canada, eh!" Turns out our neighbors behind us were also with the Canadian High Commission. They've just left to go home.

Jan 22, 2013 8:44 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I really do appreciate that you explained the Show Path Bar item: It is most helpful and is important to know.

I do agree that one of the lovely things about Mac OS X is that I can just get to work - and get a lot done - and can ignore all the inner don't-need-to-know stuff, . . . but every once in a while it does help to know some things. (Fairly recentky upgraded from a six year old system that was never updated so need to learn alot.😮)

Thanks, again for participating in this community!

Cannot remove or delete old template(s).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.