Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dispaly Horizontal Lines / Vertical Lines problem

Hello everyone!

Yesterday, after almost 1.5 year of using my MacBook Pro I'm having some problems with my display. It started suddenly while I was not even using my computer. The display just got frozen and it has horziontal stripes but the cursor was working. So I turn my computer off and after that it was ok. But after an hour, the display just got dead and it started to show vertical lines and the whole computer was dead at that moment.

I'm really don't know what's wrong but it maybe looks like there's some problem with graphic card maybe.

Thanks anyone with some help about my issue.

Have a nice day,

Michal.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 12:44 AM

Either a GPU or a screen problem - my bet would be GPU. The only thing that you can really do is to take the machine into your local Apple Store or an AASP and have them run diagnostics on the machine.

I'm hoping that you purchased the AppleCare extended warranty? Because if it is a GPU problem, the entire logic board will need to be replaced and that can be quite costly.

Clinton

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2013 12:44 AM in response to osim

Either a GPU or a screen problem - my bet would be GPU. The only thing that you can really do is to take the machine into your local Apple Store or an AASP and have them run diagnostics on the machine.

I'm hoping that you purchased the AppleCare extended warranty? Because if it is a GPU problem, the entire logic board will need to be replaced and that can be quite costly.

Clinton

Dispaly Horizontal Lines / Vertical Lines problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.