Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 Mail notifying about folders that aren't pushed

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with iOS 6 mail that's driving me crazy. At my place of employment, we have an Exchange 2010 server for email. I'm on a very active distribution list that receives 20-30 emails a day. In order to keep my Inbox somewhat clean, I've created a rule in Outlook that filters all email from this distribution list into a sub-folder of my Inbox. I have my iPhone 4s on iOS6 configured to receive push email from the server. Since I don't need to see every email on the distribution list immediately (and I don't want my phone vibrating every 20 minutes), I've configured Mail to only push messages from the Inbox. However, Whenever I receive an email on the distrib list, my phone still vibrates/rings to alert me (but no notification on the lock screen/ notification center). How do I set my phone that it only alerts me (in any way) for emails received in my inbox? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

J

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 6:06 AM

2 replies

iOS 6 Mail notifying about folders that aren't pushed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.