Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert DRM?

Occasionally I get a message that a music file is DRM protected and cannot be played on my iPad. These are usually quite old, but I fail to see why DRM should prevent me from playing music I have purchased. Is there a way to

1. Find these files other than control I for thousands of items, and

2. Once found, convert tham, preferably to a higher quality bit rate.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 9:06 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2013 9:19 AM in response to SADON2

1) In the Songs list, right-click on any of the column headers and select to show the Kind column. Then click that column's header to sort by Kind. Copy-protected tracks will be grouped together as "Purchased AAC Audio File".

2) The only way to upgrade old copy-protected tracks to DRM-free and the higher quality now is to subscribe to iTunes Match:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

As to why they won't play, check the info of the problem tracks and see if perhaps they were purchased under a different iTunes Store account. If so, you'll need to authorize your computer and your iPad to that account to play those tracks.

Regards.

Convert DRM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.