Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Migration Assistant, Users to be transferred have 0.0KB size!

Hi

I'm trying to transfer some user accounts between two iMacs running Snow Leopard. The User accounts I know to be between 3 and 4GB in size. I'm connecting via Firewire and the iMac I'm transferring to can see the donor iMac (in Target Disc mode) and I've got to the screen that allows me to select the user accounts I want to transfer.

However, they are all showing as 0.0KB in size. I can select and deselect them. If I select one then click 'Continue' I'm taken to the next screen that allows me to select Applications, Files & Folders and Library. Again, these are all showing as 0.0KB. If I then select Files & Folders and click 'Continue', I get the warning message that there is no data to transfer.

The iMac I'm transferring the user accounts to was crashing and I transferred the user accounts to the second iMac, then performed a clean system install and upgraded to the most recent OS...so it's a virgin machine.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:11 AM

There are no replies.

Using Migration Assistant, Users to be transferred have 0.0KB size!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.