Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up a link to a network folder?

Hi all,

I recently decided to change my office over to a Mac system. Everyone else in the office is on PC. We have a network, and our multifunction printer/fax/scanner is on the network. Each agent has a folder where the documents they fax go to On my PC, I was able to set up a permanent alias to that folder on the network-so I just had to click on the folder on my desktop to access my scanned documents.

Can this be done with Mountain Lion 10.8.2?

I can access the network folder manually, but it seems rather clunky compared to just setting up an alias on my desktop (or even in the finder would work)

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:26 AM

I cant believe I didnt figure this out immediately-but I'll leave this up in case anybody else has the same question.

All I had to do was go to the network folder in the finder. I made an alias of my network folder, them copied it to my desktop. I then deleted the alias I made on the network directory.

Works great-now my scans go directly to the alias folder on my desktop (while I'm connected to the network, of course!)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2013 10:26 AM in response to vegasgreg

I cant believe I didnt figure this out immediately-but I'll leave this up in case anybody else has the same question.

All I had to do was go to the network folder in the finder. I made an alias of my network folder, them copied it to my desktop. I then deleted the alias I made on the network directory.

Works great-now my scans go directly to the alias folder on my desktop (while I'm connected to the network, of course!)

how do I set up a link to a network folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.