Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to install iTunes on a PC running Win Xp remotely.

It gives me two seperate errors when installing and won't go through with the install. The errors are as follows:

C:/Program Files\Apple Software Update/ ScriptingObjectModel.dll failed to register. (HRESULT -2147010895)

Apple Software update/ softwareupdateadmin.dll failed to register HRESULT -2148024891

I also tried installing Quicktime on the same PC and it gave the same error. WinFixit wouldn't work. We tried uninstalling all Apple software, and then installing iTunes again. Didn't work. Please let me know of any other possible solutions.

iPod touch, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:35 AM

6 replies

Jan 22, 2013 12:23 PM in response to turingtest2

It's windows XP with SP3 on it. I'm not sure if it's 32 or 64. I can't check until tomorrow morning when we link up again with remote desktop. I did have him restart after I uninstalled all the apple software (it took reallllly long for his laptop to boot up so if I can avoid any more restarts that'd be awesome, lol) It's actually for the president of my company that I just started working at less then a week ago. So I'm really hoping I can figure this out for him. Thanks for the reply!

Also, I might add I think he might have a malmare problem. When I was filling out the password box to get in to his router config for a different issue a box poped up trying to link to another site selling stuff. Do you think, his possible malware problem could be an issue with this install? The girl that was helping him the day before said she ran our companies virus scanner (sophos) and it found a bunch of malware and got rid of it. I'm going to try running malwarebytes tomorrow to see if our scanner missed anything.

Jan 22, 2013 12:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Ok cool I'll try that to help speed up his computer.

But any ideas on how to fix his install problems with iTunes? I was just reading something on another site, that says going into the registery and manually deleting the two problem .dll's and then trying to install iTunes again might work. But, if it didn't install, wouldn't that mean the .dll's never were actually installed on the system to begin with?

Jan 22, 2013 1:27 PM in response to Doberz

When an install fails files it has tried to install may be present on the system but not properly registered. A subsequent install may see the presence of the file and not bother to copy/register the library.

The expert on Windows install issues here is b noir. You might want to scan through some of his posts. If you're still having trouble after another attempt I will try to grab his attention.

tt2

I'm trying to install iTunes on a PC running Win Xp remotely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.