Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD studio Pro compatibility issues in DVD players?

Greetings folks,

I thought I was done burning DVD's with DVD studio pro of a dance reception I taped last month. Only tested my product on MAC machines. When I got a call from the client they said they cannot get them to play on their windows 7 machines. Is there a certain type of codec/reader they should download?

Or does it sound like I need to bust out the burning discs again? If that is the case where is the best tutorial for formatting discs so they will play in basically every machine?

thanks,

Mike

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 1:05 PM

Did you, perchance, burn HD DVDs and not standard DVDs?

7 replies

Jan 22, 2013 1:06 PM in response to colforbinphan

First make sure you didn't inadvertently burn an HD DVD. HD DVDs will play in most later model Macs, but not in DVD players or Windows computers.

If that wasn't the issue, ask the client which DVD player software they were using. Windows Media Player is a terrible app for playing burned DVDs - they need to use an actual DVD player app like WinDVD or Cyberlink's PowerDVD.

-DH

DVD studio Pro compatibility issues in DVD players?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.