Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I've been looking to delete mackeeper. I've read some stuff online and it says drag it to the the trash from finder. When I do this it asks for my main computer password and this makes me feel scared like a virus weaving it's way inside. What can I do?

yes I feel scared to put a password in because I've been reading online about how with the new java they can make it look like it's from your computer. I deleted my skype from applications and it did not ask for a password. please help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 1:55 PM

6 replies

Jan 22, 2013 6:10 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi thank you for coming back to me! ok so I went into applications from finder because I've found a couple of websites that said go into library then application support and find mackeeper, but I didn't see it. So iwent into application from finder and dragged mackeeper to the trash and this is a screenshot of asking for my password. Is it safe? and should I be worried if someone has my computer password? how do I change that? and will all of mackeeper be gone if I do delete this.User uploaded file

Jan 22, 2013 8:21 PM in response to SammyLammy

SammyLammy wrote:

Thank you so much for helping me. Do you think my computer is in danger such as my password or anything?

No more so than providing your password to anything else. You should only do that when you understand the reason for supplying those credentials. As I wrote earlier this action was initially required to allow MacKeeper to install all the files it uses to modify your system. It is also required to delete those files, when you want to get rid of MacKeeper and everything it does.

Did you use MacKeeper to encrypt any files or folders? If you did, be sure to use MacKeeper to un-encrypt them prior to deleting it.

Hi I've been looking to delete mackeeper. I've read some stuff online and it says drag it to the the trash from finder. When I do this it asks for my main computer password and this makes me feel scared like a virus weaving it's way inside. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.