Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have personal hotspot working w/ iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, & T-Mobile (USA)?

I currently can't get my personal hotspot feature working on my iPhone 5 with T-Mobile USA. I'm trying to figure out where my issue lies, whether it's bad hardware, a bug in iOS, or an issue with my T-Mobile account. I have the latest iOS update (6.0.2).

It doesn't work no matter how I try to connect to it (wi-fi, bluetooth, USB).

When I try via wi-fi, the wireless icon in the top right (in Mac OS X) does its little connecting animation, and then shows an exclamation point "!".

When I try via Bluetooth, the Bluetooth PAN status in Network settings reads "Not Connected", even though I have it paired.

When I try via USB, the iPhone USB status in Network settings reads "Not Connected", even though I have my iPhone plugged into my MacBook Pro.

And yes, I have the hotspot option on my wireless plan with T-Mobile.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 12:56 PM

1 reply

Does anyone have personal hotspot working w/ iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, & T-Mobile (USA)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.