Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 will not burn playlist in correct order

I have an infuriating problem I can't solve:

I have a CD I've authored which needs to be burned to disc. Each of the files were properly named/tagged using XLD (e.g. filename: 01 track title.mp3). I import the files into iTunes, select them and do a right-click "create playlist from selection." I hit the song sort field column (triangle button), ascending order, and manually drag the tracks into the correct order. Then, with the song sort field column still selected, I right-click on the playlist, choose "copy to play order", and "burn playlist to disc" < MP3 Disc.

The result I get, as it appears in iTunes, is a disc which is sorted by artist, rather than by track number, even though the artist column is not selected in iTunes. If I click the song column (which already appears selected upon inserting the disc), the disc reverts to its proper order. I've tried the same disc in 2 other Macs, and the same thing happens. I've also tried playing the disc in several CD players, it plays in the correct order.

I've followed the Apple support documentation down to the letter, but nothing I do seems to make any difference. For what it's worth, I experienced this same problem under iTunes 10.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.6GHz C2D 6GB GeForce 8600MT 512MB

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 2:02 PM

This worked for me. I burned 4 CDs and when I opened each the songs were in the wrong order.

Put the CD you burned in and when the track list appears click on the first column with the up pointing arrow above

the track numbers. When I did this the tracks appeared in the proper order. And magically when I put the other CDs in the tracks were in the proper order on them also. Hope this works for you too.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2013 2:02 PM in response to TeamHCN

This worked for me. I burned 4 CDs and when I opened each the songs were in the wrong order.

Put the CD you burned in and when the track list appears click on the first column with the up pointing arrow above

the track numbers. When I did this the tracks appeared in the proper order. And magically when I put the other CDs in the tracks were in the proper order on them also. Hope this works for you too.

iTunes 11 will not burn playlist in correct order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.