Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Smart Playlist

Hi,

I have created a Smart Playlist for all my recently added songs but limited it to 8GB so that I can sync it on to my iPhone and it not be to big. I have ordered it so I have the most recently added first. When I look at the playlist on iTunes it is all in order from the most recently added and getting older. But, when I sync it to my phone it seems to put it in a different that I cannot work out. Can anyone explain why this maybe happening?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 13' 2.3 GHz i5 4GB RAM Early 2011

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 2:48 PM

I think it is reordering them into the recently added on my iPhone as opposed to my iTunes library. So say if I have had a song on iTunes from 2011 but not on my iPhone and I then add it being that it has been added to my iPhone it uses this as the most recently added. Is there anyway of transferring a playlist in the order it is in iTunes and keeping the smart playlist so it adds it to the Playlist when it is a new import.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2013 2:48 PM in response to MattyMiles

I think it is reordering them into the recently added on my iPhone as opposed to my iTunes library. So say if I have had a song on iTunes from 2011 but not on my iPhone and I then add it being that it has been added to my iPhone it uses this as the most recently added. Is there anyway of transferring a playlist in the order it is in iTunes and keeping the smart playlist so it adds it to the Playlist when it is a new import.

iTunes Smart Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.