Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does plugging in my MBP make my MUX 2 reception disappear?

Hello...

In my sitting room I keep my Macbook Pro near the TV/Freeview Plus box so that I can run a cable from the MBP to an HDMI socket on my TV.

I have recently noticed that the powering up of my Mac cuts out all the MUX 2 channels (ITV, ITV 2, Channel 4.5 etc...). The BBC channels remain unaffected.

The solution would appear to be to power the Mac from a different power socket but I am intrigued whether anyone could clarify what on earth is going on for this to happen?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 4:04 PM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2013 1:14 AM in response to sanjampet

What an appalling use of English sanjampet. My question was perfectly clear.

Should anyone else have similar issues I am posting the solution myself (thanks to Yahoo answers for this).

It turns out that the generic power supply I was using for the MBP was generating RF interference. This is what was cutting out the MUX 2 reception on the freeview box.

I replaced the power supply with a genuine Apple power supply and all is now well - so, all my fault for using a generic power supply...

Why does plugging in my MBP make my MUX 2 reception disappear?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.