Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portable home directory not honoring exclusions

Hello,

I am runing 10.6 server and am introducing 10.8 clients. I am using Active Directory with an extended schema. I have several sub-folders in the users Documents folder set as homesync exclusions. Two folders are Microsoft User Data and Parallels. These folder do not sync properly and are huge... so I exclude them. I have noticed OS 10.8 does not appear to be honoring exclusions for homesync. Has anyone else experinced this issue and/or found a solution.

Thanks in advanced,

Ray

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 4:29 PM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2013 9:24 AM in response to elgringito

I found out what the problem is....

When logging in, the system was recieving the /Library/Managed Preferences/ "username" file from the server which includes all of the exclusions for HomeSync. When the user launched Parallels Desktop 8, the users Managed Preferences disappeared.

I was able to reproduce the issue... so it looks like Parallels Desktop 8 is misbehaving... I have a ticket open with them. I'll post what they find.

Thanks, Ray

Portable home directory not honoring exclusions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.