Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjusting iCloud Panel proxy settings on Windows 7

I installed iCloud Panel on a Windows 7 machine behind a corporate proxy. When I first tried to log in, it prompted me to enter my proxy credentials, which I did -- incorrectly.

Now every time I try to log in, it errors out with the "You can't sign in because of a server error" message, but won't let me corect the proxy settigns.

How do I access and correct the proxy settings for iCloud Panel?

I tried reintstlaling it, but after reinstall it did not prompt me for proxy credentials, so they must still be cached somewhere.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 4:08 PM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2013 1:44 AM in response to ponzu

I had the same problem, although mine stopped working as we have to change our corporate password frequently which then means the proxy authentication settings need to be updated.

I couldn't find a way of updating the credentials, so I took the drastic option of uninstalling every bit of Apple software from my PC (iTunes, Safari, Quicktime, Bonjour, iCloud, Apple Software update). Then removed every Apple and Apple Computer folder I could find under the C:\Users directory.

Restarted the PC, installed iCloud and it asked me for proxy credentials again.

I think these are stored in the following file

C:\Users\{My Login Name}\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences\keychain.plist

However I deleted that file before I did the uninstall and it didn't seem to work.

Maybe there was a conflict with something else.

Anyway hope this helps.

Oh and if anyone from Apple is reading this, please add the option in the iCloud control panel to edit/update the proxy settings please.

Thanks

Feb 13, 2014 6:21 AM in response to ponzu

Guys here is a solution / workaround for this issue. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5505684

Personally I did solve this, uninstalling Icloud and bonjour service, deleting C:\Users\{My Login Name}\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences\keychain.plist and reinstalling and configuring icloud on a no proxy network (like your home's wifi), always unchecking "use proxy server" from Internet Options. For sincronization on your corporate network you should install ISA or TMG client, uncheking auto configuration of web browser.

Adjusting iCloud Panel proxy settings on Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.