Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S capable of LTE on AT&T?

I have been told multple times by AT&T reps that the iPhone 4S is capable of LTE. Has anyone else been able to get this to work? I have been told that I have to go into a store to get some sort of software update and that the option for LTE should be there. I was told that new iPhone 4S's are being shipped with the capability of LTE and that AT&T can enable LTE through something with the IMEI.

Can anyone verify this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 7:49 PM

10 replies

Jan 22, 2013 8:03 PM in response to wonderfred

No, you probably have not been told that the 4s is capable of LTE. You have been told that the 4s is capable of 4G. T-Mobile and AT&T both refer to HSPA+ as being "4G".

Only the iPhone 5 is capable of LTE. Period. And you cannot change it with replacing the hardware in the phone. Whoever told you that stuff does not know what they are talking about.

Apr 23, 2013 5:25 PM in response to wonderfred

I have an iphone 4s and AT&T continues to text me redundantly about my LTE device and available data plans. Also, I get emailed about it also as follows:

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope you are enjoying your LTE device!

We value your business and want to ensure you're set up with the right data plan for your LTE device. If you have recently swapped a SIM card from your 3G or HSPA+ device into your LTE device, your data service may not work properly. Please call us at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone) and our team can help you establish service with an AT&T LTE Data Plan.

They need to get their act together! Ugh

iPhone 4S capable of LTE on AT&T?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.