Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

software to copy radio shows?

965 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2006 10:11 PM by Brenton Bills RSS
Rory Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 8, 2006 1:59 PM
Am looking for software that allows me to capture the radio stream of certain radio shows I am interested in copying....

thoughts?
Powermac G5 - 2.0GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.5)
  • Zevoneer Level 9 Level 9 (52,700 points)
    May 8, 2006 2:17 PM (in response to Rory)
    Have a look at these utilities:
    RadioLover
    StreamRipperX
    G5 PowerMac 1.8 DP, Mac OS X (10.4), Xerox XA7-19i LCD Monitor, 30GB iPod 5G
  • MtnBiker Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
    May 9, 2006 3:12 PM (in response to Rory)
    Radio Recorder

My question:

How to convert to a PodCast, so will show in iTunes as listened to or not.

PowerBook    
  • Brenton Bills Level 2 Level 2 (175 points)
    May 15, 2006 10:11 PM (in response to Rory)
    Rory--I use, and highly recommend, Audio Hijack and Audio Hijack Pro by Rogue Amoeba. Audio Hijack will record to AIFF format, which can then be imported into iTunes and converted to other formats. It works great for me.

Audio Hijack Pro adds even more features for people who do this more frequently, or who need more control. You can record, for example, not just to AIFF, but to MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, and using any number of bit rates and other settings.

Now, as to the issue of getting things you record to show up in the Podcast source, I'd suggest to look at the following thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=423862

Hope this helps!

Power Mac G5 1.8 DP   Mac OS X (10.4.6)  

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.