Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

? Status Points ?

Many times I have wanted to commendUser uploaded filesomeone and give them a Status Point but to no avail. Either the icon to proceed was gone or when the icon was pushed nothing happened...... Is there a limit on giving points to others? Is it me being a Rookie and needing education on how to? or is it What? It would be nice to offer a compilment on a reular basis. Your thought will be read and applied to give credit where credit is due. As usual:ℹ Thank You In Advance.

"Webcam Settings" App Researcher-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), working towards PhD Ind./Org. Psy.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:42 PM

You can only award points in threads you create and mark as being questions, and you can only award two Helpful ratings and one Solved in each thread.

(75065)

6 replies

Jan 23, 2013 11:11 PM in response to seventy one

Hi Seventy One.....Fantastic...this is ths answer that I thought and agree with the most and Ditto--- the best reply So...may I please give you a thumbs up to you.

Your statement: "The kindest and most dedicated attention I ever had came from someone who described himself as a newby." was an answer considerating the big picture .

I have 5 points and no one wants my answers even though I'm working towards a PhD. LOL Thank You My question is solved.ℹ

Jan 23, 2013 11:09 PM in response to ysureican

"No one wants my answer".

Be aware that even the most senior conributors answer knowing they have about a 25% chance of getting points. Some have very long and detailed answers prepared and can drop them in quickly, increasing those odds.

But the content of the answer, the respect (or lack thereof) you show, and the OP's (original poster) disposition figures in. Some even will give the points to the person with fewer points even if all answers have the same content.

This is about helping, not about gathering points most quickly.

Aside from a couple of levels (like level 2 that lets you set a custom avatar), or level 6 (which lets you into a different dicussion forum) few levels mean anything in the long run.

? Status Points ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.