Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the update wipe out my plugin registrations

Every time I have updated aperture (since a 2,x version) it manages to wipe out the registrations for my Connected Flow flickr Experoter and Nik software Silver Efex Pro plugins. Can I say how frustrating it is to have to not only re-enter registrations, but reset my preferences? There is no reason an update should do this.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 11:48 PM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2013 9:51 AM in response to léonie

Thanks but I dont have any presents. When the dialog box came up from Nik, I tried 3 times to enter me serial number and kept getting the errors.

I looked on my user preferences file and noticed the SilverEfexPro2.cfg did not have the key in it, which I did find in /System/Library/Preferences/Nik Software/SilverEfex Pro 2 - I copied this file into my user preferences file, but it did not help.

It does make me question why SilverEfex stores a serial number in a text file, but thats another fish to boil.

Thanks for the help. I am waiting to call Nik to authorize software I really do not need to be authorizing.

Making users do some manual mumbo fumbo to save their plugins is the reason I dont use Windows Apple, please do better.

Why does the update wipe out my plugin registrations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.