Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TC - sporadic backup on wireless

My TimeCapsule is only a week old, and for the first few days has worked fine, but a week in and its doing odd things.

My MBP is running 10.7.5, and Airport utility 6.1.

I have set the TimeCapsule to be in Bridge mode, as its connected to the gigabit ethernet at my office. Its password protected and only the laptop has access to the wireless.

Internet connection seems good - its very fast and seemingly reliable, yet TimeMachine has started reporting it cannot find the Backup Disc and to check the IP addresses etc.

Airport Utility shows green lights for both the Internet and the Time Capsule. The Backup disc appears in the list of discs for performing a backup, yet the wireless connection does not happen.

If i attach an ethernet cable, then the backup happens almost instantly.

Surely the point of an automatic wireless backup is to avoid manually attaching cables?

Any ideas what might be happening?

thanks

Adam

Time Capsule-OTHER, 2tb

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 1:02 AM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2013 1:55 AM in response to adam taylor1

I would do a reset of the TC and use all SMB names.. do not use apple names with spaces and special characters like apostrophe..

Use short names.. like max 8 characters.

Use pure alphanumeric.. no apostrophe, no colons etc.

No spaces.

So TC name.. well TC2TB might be good.

TC24ghz for 2.4ghz wireless.

TC5ghz for 5ghz wireless (set in wireless options).

Make sure hard disk name also complies.. Data .. good Time Capsule.. bad.

Lock the wireless channels.. 2.4ghz has only 3 non overlapping.. test all three.. 1, 6, 11 but start backwards. 11 first.

TC - sporadic backup on wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.