Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

suddenly brushes don't work!

Hi all, I'm trying to figure aout what happened with Aperture 3.4.3. Suddenly some brushes stop working. Clone and retouch are ok but skin smoothing, dodge and burn don't produce any effect on the picture.

I looked into the setting with no success, tried a reboot and other things... I don't really understand, I make a large use of skin smoothing and it worked perfectly until yesterday...

Anyone has this same problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guido

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 6:00 AM

Clone and retouch are ok but skin smoothing, dodge and burn don't produce any effect on the picture.

Hi Guido,

One difference between "Clone and Retouch" and other adjustments is, that the "Clone and Retouch" adjustment is not restricted by a brush range setting, while other adjustments may be restricted to parts of the image. You may want to check the settings for the brush range in the "Dodge&Burn" adjustment. Is it set to "Midtones" or something? Then change that to "Brush Range all". The "Brush Range" setting are hidden behind the cogwheel in the adjustment settings panel.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2013 6:00 AM in response to MacGuido

Clone and retouch are ok but skin smoothing, dodge and burn don't produce any effect on the picture.

Hi Guido,

One difference between "Clone and Retouch" and other adjustments is, that the "Clone and Retouch" adjustment is not restricted by a brush range setting, while other adjustments may be restricted to parts of the image. You may want to check the settings for the brush range in the "Dodge&Burn" adjustment. Is it set to "Midtones" or something? Then change that to "Brush Range all". The "Brush Range" setting are hidden behind the cogwheel in the adjustment settings panel.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

Jan 23, 2013 10:53 AM in response to léonie

Thanks Léonie, that solved my problem, the brush range was set to "highlight" on the skin smoothing. Anyway the dodge and burn were set to "all" and despite this they both didn't work. Now changing the skin smoothing from "highlight" to "all" made the dodge and burn work again. Weird isn't it?

Thanks again for your help!

suddenly brushes don't work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.