Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight camera not working on my mac air

Hi there,

I am unable to perform an SMC reset on my macbook air.

My iSight camera isn't working and all the articles on Apple Support (like http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964) say that I need to do an SMC reset.

What should I expect once the mac is switched off and I press the Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button? Should I press and hold or just press and then power up?

How should I get my iSight camera to work again?

Thanks,

Jitendra

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 5:09 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2013 7:57 AM in response to Jitendra Amesar

Jitendra Amesar wrote: ... What should I expect once the mac is switched off and I press the Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button? ...

• Press the Shift-Control-Option keys and power buttons simultaneously.

Release everything simultaneously.

Restart MBA normally.

After the restart, you should expect the camera to pass the Built-in iSight camera tests suggestions in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090

(BTW- Apple has changed the built-in camera's name on newer Macs from "iSight" to "FaceTime" and then to "FaceTime HD." Regardless of the name of your Mac's built-in camera, the same HT2090 info and troubleshooting applies.)

Jitendra Amesar wrote: ... Should I press and hold or just press and then power up?...

• Press the Shift-Control-Option keys and power buttons simultaneously.

(There is no need to "hold" longer than it takes to have all pressed simultaneously.)

Release everything simultaneously.

Restart MBA normally.

If iSight problems persist, you can try the process one or two more times in case you might not have been "simultaneous".

Jitendra Amesar wrote: ... How should I get my iSight camera to work again? ...

If following the above instructions do not correct your problem, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.2

iSight camera not working on my mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.