Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete apps in itunes

Im using a MacBook Pro fully up to date. I have Apps I don't want anymore. Some are real duds. I have deleted them from my device. They are marked as needing to be installed. I want to delete them from my MAC but cannot get them to delete no matter what. They are taking up space that I don't want being used. I have seen posts that answer the question for Windows but not for MAC. How does one accomplish this seemingly simple task. Pressing any of the keys and delete does not do it. So what does?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 5:14 AM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2013 8:18 AM in response to Steve Taylor1

Actually you only vaguely answered teh question. The file menu in itunes has a link to Library. A coupl of choices only one of which makes sense which is Organize. That gives the choice to consolidate. Exactly what does that mean? When you tell it to consolidate, it's hard to know what happened. No report or anything. SO . . .. I search around only to discover that there is an area on the left column called library. Something I never noticed. I just use this stuff. I don't try to remember all the details. So please in the future, give a bit more direction. Thanks for the answer.

Can't delete apps in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.