Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keep updating my song info

Hi all,

I used to purchased Chinese songs from iTunes store.

Since iTunes stores only uses Pin Yin (English names) for my Chinese names, I would have to modify the song title and singers back to Chinese to let me browse the songs more easily. I have already raised request to iTunes Stores to show Chinese albums with Chinese names, rather than English names; yet, I got no feedback at all.

However, after I upgraded iTunes to 11.0, it will automatically update the song info of my purchased songs and change all their title and names back to the stupid Pin Yin English itself!!!

That's very annoying. Give me a break, Apple!!!!!!

Could I stop this annoying feature and have my songs in proper Chinese title? Why Apple would ever need to mess what the users like for their song info!?

Thanks,

Vincent

p.s. I didn't use iTunes Match. I was planning to, but I am glad that I didn't because I would be afraid it would update all my song titles to English from Chinese!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 8:32 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2013 7:16 AM in response to 3336

Hmm, can't say I've tracked down exactly what controls that behaviour though unticking all the options on the Edit > Preferences > Store page might help.

Other than that, you can restore much of the look & feel of the previous version with these shortcuts:

• ALT to temporarily display the menu bar
  • CTRL+B to show or hide the menu bar
  • CTRL+S to show or hide the sidebar
  • CTRL+/ to show or hide the status bar (won't hide for me on Win XP)
  • Click the magnifying glass top right and untick Search Entire Library to restore the old search behaviour
  • Use View > Hide <Media Kind> in the cloud or Edit > Preferences > Store and untick Show iTunes in the cloud purchases to hide the cloud items. The second method eliminates the cloud status column (and may let iTunes start up more quickly)
  • If you don't like having different colours for each album use Edit > Preferences > General and untick Use custom colours for open albums, movies, etc. .

Should you still feel the need to roll back to iTunes 10.7 first download a copy of the 32 bit installer or 64 bit installer as appropriate, uninstall iTunes and supporting software, i.e. Apple Application Support & Apple Mobile Device Support. Reboot. Restore the pre-upgrade version of your library database as per the diagram below, then install iTunes 10.7.

User uploaded file

See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to scan the media folder and catch up with any changes made since the backup file was created.

tt2

iTunes keep updating my song info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.