Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting photos from iPad to iMac

This continues a thread posted elsewhere, but it has developed to be more an iPad issue I'm told.

I have been trying to import all my photos held on my iPad2 to my new iMac. This I have done by connecting the devices - but when iPhoto starts up on my iMac it does not import all the photos on iPad. The ones on my iPad have been acumulated from direct import form digital cameras, a few from my iPhone and a number that had been loaded onto my MacBookpro (before it was stolen - hence the purchase of the new iMac).

How can I get all my photos from my iPad onto my iMac?

iMac

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:55 AM

iPhoto should see the photos that weren't orginally synced from a computer i.e. those taken with the iPad, copied to it via the camera connection kit, or saved from emails/websites.

To copy photos that were originally synced from a computer you will need a third-party app such as Simple Transfer which can copy them off via your wifi network. But as photos are 'optimised' when they are synced to the iPad, any that you then copy back to a computer may not be exactly the same as they originally were on your computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2013 9:55 AM in response to cmvj

iPhoto should see the photos that weren't orginally synced from a computer i.e. those taken with the iPad, copied to it via the camera connection kit, or saved from emails/websites.

To copy photos that were originally synced from a computer you will need a third-party app such as Simple Transfer which can copy them off via your wifi network. But as photos are 'optimised' when they are synced to the iPad, any that you then copy back to a computer may not be exactly the same as they originally were on your computer.

Exporting photos from iPad to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.