Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recurring Meetings show in Exchange Calendar, but not on iPhone iOS 6.0.1

We have an Exchange 2010 environment, with users on iPhone 4S iOS 6.0.1

A user creates a recurring appointment in Exchange, and some of the attendee's can see the appointment on their Exchange Calendar on their laptops, but not on their iPhones. Other appointments do show on the iPhone. In some cases, the attendee also has an iPad iOS 6.0.1 as well, and they can see the appointment on the PC and iPad, but not their iPhone. I compared all settings between the iPad and iPhone, and they were the same.

I did some research online, and saw this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563324 Which states:

Issue 1.7 - Meetings are missing due on some mobile devices, but are present in OWA and Outlook
When you create a recurring Appointment or Meeting, then change a critical property in an occurrence in the series (for example date, time or location), and then change the whole meeting Series again, the item may not be updated on a device.

The change is reflected correctly in Outlook, but meeting organizers or attendees do not see the change reflected on their devices. The result is an apparent "missing appointment" on the device user's Calendar.

Cause

The devices use the Global Object Identifier (GOID) instead of the ServerID to track changes to the Calendar item for synchronization requests.

When the meeting series is changed, the same GOID is retained on the whole series. When the device receives the Delete request, sent when the series is changed, in a separate sync request from the change to the individual occurrence, it considers the series change as a duplicate and does not process the update.

Solution

Microsoft believes this issue is resolved in iOS 6. For confirmation or further investigation of this issue, contact the device manufacturer.

This issue is NOT resolved in iOS 6.

I even tried to "Send Update" on the meeting, without any changes, to see if the meeting will show up on the iPhone. In some cases it did, yet other users it did not.

Does anyone have any ideas??

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 11:42 AM

47 replies

Jun 25, 2013 2:53 AM in response to walterchris

Exactly the same problem here.

iPhone running iOS 6.1.3 randomly chooses to not sync certain calendar entries from Exchange Server 2007.

Bizarrely - iPad running iOS 6.1.3 works perfectly fine.

I've tried loads of things.

Exchange Server is up to date.

We've had this issue for years now...and still no fix from Apple.

It basically makes the iPhone unreliable with anything calendar related.

May 15, 2014 9:20 AM in response to I9W_FOR_DS

Apple needs to own up to this crap! They charge quite the premium for a crippled device that doesn't even perform as it should. We don't have these issues with Android, or Windows Phone, **** not even Blackberry. Somehow Apple feels they can justify selling us a buggy product by virtue of its popularity.

Jun 20, 2014 5:52 AM in response to GoodThoughts

Same issue on iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s. The only manual solution is to turn off calendar and then turn back on. Problem is you never know when you need to do this.

Jul 9, 2014 6:56 AM in response to stevenriz

This was a good tip and worked to restore my missing meeting on my iPhone (iOS 7.1.2). I went to "Settings" then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", selected my Exchange account, and then turned off the slider on "Calendar", accepted the warning, and then turned it back on. When opening the calendar app again I found I had to tap "Calendars" on the bottom edge of the screen and select the exchange calendar again.

Agree that this is only helpful when you discover (likely by missing a meeting) that there is an error.

Also have noticed that iPad doesn't seem to miss the same meeting that iPhone does,

Recurring Meetings show in Exchange Calendar, but not on iPhone iOS 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.