Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s randomly shutting off, when I use camera

My phone randomly shuts off when I use my camera with the battery around 40% and it asks me to plug it in because the battery is apparently low but when I plug it in, it goes back to 40% when I plug it in to the wall charger.

I went to Apple today and they told me to restore my phone and I did;

After restoring it, the problem is still there and they said the processor on the iPhone is taking too much battery and the only way to fix it is to replace your iPhone 4s 32gb for £139, even battery replacement wont fix it.

By the way, I'm over 51 days of my 1 year warranty. (I didn't drop the phone, this happened slowly over time because the phone might be faulty and I didn't fully pick it up before)

Sorry for bad spelling, thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, iPhone 4s 32gb directly from Apple

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 12:30 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 3:44 AM in response to Khannnn

why my iphone 5 shut off when I'm using the camera on 35 % battery???

but if I plug my charging cable I can shoot the photo but if haven't plug it will automatically shut off my phone

and if I try to turn it on

it show that I need to charge my phone

i keep it for few minutes and I try to open it again

it work on 35% like nothing happened

try to restart my phone using the power and home button

and I reset all my setting still the same problem

but my battery is ok my phone I can use long time no problem it's not drain

even i use many apps

just the camera only do this

i need help pleas

iPhone 4s randomly shutting off, when I use camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.