Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD for MacBook Pro 13"

Will a SSD drive 7mm in height fit fine in to a MacBook Pro 13"?

One of the SSD drives i've been looking at is a Kingston 120GB SSD V+200 and it differs in heigh from other SSD drives i've looked at.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 12:43 PM

11 replies

Jan 24, 2013 11:19 PM in response to sh9683

And HDD's are a whole lot slower than SSD's. In fact, prices for SSDs have dropped - I paid $600 for my 512GB Crucial m4 SSD in April of 2012, and now it's just at (or below) $400. To the original poster - take a look at the Crucial website and compare prices for 128GB and 256GB m4 SSDs - only about $100 difference. And I would NOT put the SSD in the optibay - they just don't seem to work well as startup disks in the optibay. Put your SSD in the HD bay and your HDD in the optibay for trouble-free operation.

Good luck,

Clinton

Jan 29, 2013 5:22 AM in response to msclaxton

I've gone for the Crucial M4 128GB SSD for £84.99 and is working as expected. Tonight i'm removing the optical drive and putting the HDD back in so I have dual HDD's.

Is it worth creating my own Fusion drive or is it too risky? My original plan was to have the OS and applications/documents on the SSD and use the other internal HDD for media use. But then I read a guide on creating your own Fusion drive and looks easy but not sure if its worth it and if it carries any risks.

SSD for MacBook Pro 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.