Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMD Radeon HD 6670

I would like to know if the 6670 will work in my Mac Pro early 2008?

The cards specs do state it needs 400watts power source and I am unsure what my mac pro's psu is.

Thanks.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 2:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 8:22 PM in response to James Johnson10

I can say that I got an XFX Radeon HD 6670 working in a MacPro1,1 but not with x16 under 10.6.8. I will try to update as I learn more and let you know if it is stable. I am using DVI connection have not tested the others.

In order for it to work I had to leave it at the 3rd setting in the "Expansion Slot Utility" which is 3-x8 Lane 1-x1 Lane. I have the 6670 in slot 1 the bottom most slot and under this setting that is an x8 lane. The Utility tells you that the Graphics Card is running below the x16 mark but when I tried one of the x16 settings for slot 1 the card did not appear to work and I had to VNC in to change it back.

To find the "Expansion Slot Utility" and manually launch it goto /System/Library/CoreServices/

I have also heard but not tested that these PC Graphics Cards function better under higher Mac OS's and that HDMI may even work on this card in Lion or higher.

AMD Radeon HD 6670

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.