Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad showing same usage time.

My iPad shows the exact same times for usage and standby, even though it is asleep for most of that time. Up until two recharges ago the time reflected correctly, with differences in usage and standby. Also now it is losing about 8% battery overnight while in sleep. Bluetooth is off, Cellular is off. For the first 6 to 8 weeks it might drop 1% or 2% overnight. Are there reasons for why this has started happening?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, iPad 3 or 4(unsure)64GB cellular

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 2:38 PM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2013 3:21 PM in response to LinkOberon

Did you try rebooting the iPad? Sometimes that clears up these mysterious issues.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Jan 23, 2013 6:18 PM in response to Demo

Yes I did that the first time it showed the usage and standby identically. It just reset them both back to the single line. Now it is after my second full recharge since and the two timers are still identical, and battery is being depleted more then usual while asleep. Curious. I wish i could look at what iPad processes are running.

iPad showing same usage time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.