Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have new hp office jet 6700 premium printer My iPad does not find it to print mail. Suggestions as to how to find printer on iPad?

Installed HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer, connected to WIFI, but iPad 3 cannot find it. Gives message " no AirPrint products found". Any suggestions as to how I can solve this?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 4:42 PM

24 replies

Jan 23, 2013 5:05 PM in response to Glassladyco

I am going from memory so bear with me. Was there some setting that you had to go through in order to connect to your network - some wireless software download? I vaguely recall having to set up wireless settings with my HP but I set it up over a month ago and that like a lifetime ago for me as far as my memory goes.

But you are saying that you can print over WiFi to your computer? The printer is not hard wired to your computer?

Jan 23, 2013 5:55 PM in response to Glassladyco

Another thought I have that you might try since you were able to set your printer up to your wireless network...go to your settings and tap Wifi and see if the Ipad has recognized the printer and is trying to connect to it. If so, tap the printer name to connect, if you see a forever spinning wheel by the printer name, HP says that is normal and will not go away, so ignore.

Jan 23, 2013 7:00 PM in response to Glassladyco

A couple of thoughts. First, make sure your printer and iPad are on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, there appears to be a firmware update that was issued in October 2012. I would upload this to your printer anyway.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw _lang=&product=5058338#N273

Also, keep in mind that just because the printer can see your computer, does not necessarily mean the iPad can do the same.

What other thing to consider is your router. What kind is it? It may need a firmware update too. At the outset, however, you can try doing a restart of the router.

Jan 25, 2013 11:23 AM in response to Glassladyco

Hi,

What is your router brand and model?

You may also use the Wireless Direct feature to temporarily isolate any possible cause and bypass your router, if that works through the Wireless Direct connection that means the router cause the issue:

Although the steps above are taken from another model, the exact steps apply for the 6700 as well:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03402912&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

If you can't find the Wireless Direct option within the Wireless Settings that means you use an older firmware, therefore be sure to update your printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03477171&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en &product=5058338&tmp_track_link=ot_search

Shlomi

Have new hp office jet 6700 premium printer My iPad does not find it to print mail. Suggestions as to how to find printer on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.