Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro wont start

I know this has probably been asked a million times, Im not sure if this has anything to do with whats up with my mac but i just installed the latest update and once I shut it down and rebooted it after a few days nothing happened other than it kept booting into windows from the bootcamp as if it was completely bypassing the apple start up and going into windows start up, I cleared the NVRAM and that seemed to be progress and got me onto the Apple logo but it just then freezes on that, a load bar seems to appear for almost a second and then it turns into the circle of death and just spins and spins and spins, you get the point! I tried single user mode as I seen on another site but once I put in /sbin/fsck - fy it goes through the "phases" it just says start up disk full, its not full however it has at least 10Gb of space left.

Any help would be Appreciated!

Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 5:20 PM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2013 5:28 PM in response to SuperSibb

it just says start up disk full, its not full however it has at least 10Gb of space left.

Your HD is full! How large is your HD? You should never let your hard drive get to where you have only 10-15% of space left. You need to do some serious housekeeping. However, you need to get to your desktop to do that.

Can you safe boot? Read the threads over in the "More Like This" column over here.----------->

User uploaded file

My MacBook Pro wont start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.