Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store Can't Connect - It's NOT Winsock!

So I've been through hundreds of posts about this issue and have tried what I believe is everything. I'm having the issue of being unable to connect to the iTunes Store while running Windows 7 on an Asus G53. When I run diagnostics, I am told that the Windows Firewall is blocking iTunes. Additionaly, when I go to the Home Sharing tab, I'm told that Bonjour is not running. However, I clearly have iTunes and Bonjour listed as allowed programs in Windows Firewall, and have used the "Advanced Settings" to manually re-add them several times. Additionally, I have tried:

• resetting winsock protocol (numerous times)
  • used the autoruns application to discover that the only winsock provider I have running is Bonjour
  • opening ports 80 and 443 (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629)
  • completely disabling Windows Firewall, including the service
  • reinstalling iTunes 10.7 instead of 11
  • flushing my DNS
  • running iTunes as an administrator
  • resetting Bonjour (I can verify that the processes are running)

I am totally out of ideas! Can anyone help?? Please!!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 5:45 PM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2013 8:14 AM in response to b noir

Hmm. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't have this specific service running, and I tried disabling all of my startup items aside from just Microsoft Windows and iTunes/Quicktime. Still can't find the issue. Also attempted a system restore which was unsuccessful, despite the fact that I think my iTunes Store did work at that point in time! Is it possible that any of this is a hardware issue?

iTunes Store Can't Connect - It's NOT Winsock!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.