2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 1:27 PM by cauchy
cauchy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

What is the easiest way to just hear your clicktrack only in your headphones while recording...and have the mix go through the monitors only? The reason I am asking is because I am recording my acoustic/electric guitar directly into my audio interface so the acoustic drowns out the clicktrack...throwing off my timing.

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Mark Lord Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

You will need to either setup and separate output from your soundcard for you headphones - ie mix going outs 1&2, click routed to outs 3&4 (via the enviroment object for click) - headphones plugged/routed to 3&4 from your soundcard. Or if you don't have multiple outs on your soundcard the very basic - but easy - way to do it is to go to Preferences>Audio and uncheck "Software Monitoring" in the Core Audio page. That way you won't hear the guitar that's being recorded at all in you headphones - but you will hear anything else being played back, including the click. As you're playing acoustic you should be able to hear it perfectly well - err acoustically, if not try taking one headphone off, so you have click in one ear and guitar in the other...

• cauchy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Great answer! Just what I was looking for.