2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 6:48 AM by Dee Pondering One
Dee Pondering One Level 1 Level 1

Why would this happen and what can I do to fix it. It was working fine until yesterday.

Every once and awhile a video would say I needed the latest flash, but I never tried downloading a flash because I had gotten the impression iPad didn't support flash programs. I just moved on and didn't watch those videos.

The sound was working and then it was not. This is when I noticed the video stopped functioning.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.2
Solved by Dee Pondering One on Jan 24, 2013 6:48 AM Solved

No, I did not understand the absolute shut down from just putting it to sleep. Now I understand why it didn't appear to be actually off. 

Your recommendation worked!

Thank you.

Reply by JimHdk on Jan 24, 2013 5:41 AM Helpful

Have you tried restarting or resetting your iPad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

All replies

• JimHdk Level 7 Level 7

Have you tried restarting or resetting your iPad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

• Dee Pondering One Level 1 Level 1

No, I did not understand the absolute shut down from just putting it to sleep. Now I understand why it didn't appear to be actually off. 

Your recommendation worked!

Thank you.