Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find duplicate images in Aperture?

How do I find duplicate images in Aperture AFTER importing my entire library from iPhoto? There must be a way to do that, right?

Please let me know the secret.

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 21.5 Inch, Mid 2011

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 7:53 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2013 8:23 AM in response to NN2RL

Aperture does not have any built-in tools to detect duplicates. It should be used in way that avoids the import of duplicates.

You could try the Aperture version of Duplicate aAnnihilator - but I have no experience with it:

Apple - Downloads - Aperture - Duplicate Annihilator: Aperture Edition

What is your Aperture version and iPhoto version? I am asking, because Aperture 3.3 and later make a better job of importing iPhoto Libraries than the previous versions. Aperture 3.3 and later import iPhoto Libraries in a way, that Originals and versions are paired and do not show as duplicate images.

So what kind of duplicates do you see, after importing your iPhoto library?

Regards

Léonie

Jan 24, 2013 8:54 AM in response to léonie

Léonie, Thank you for your rapid reply!

I am using Aperture Version 3.4.3 and 9.4.2. I downloaded the Duplicate Annihilator but it gives me an error message that says this:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I have no idea what that is all about since I am using this library in iPhoto and Aperture. I already sent the company an email asking about the problem.

I am seeing dupes that came from my original photos in iPhoto and from iPhoto PhotoStreams with monthly dates; these are listed in my Apertrure Projects listing. Is there a way to SAFELY dump these dupes?

Thanks!

Robb

Jan 24, 2013 1:41 PM in response to NN2RL

I am seeing dupes that came from my original photos in iPhoto and from iPhoto PhotoStreams with monthly dates; these are listed in my Apertrure Projects listing.

Youll have to weed them out manually. Color labels could help with this. I'd label all image scontaind in the Photos Stream albums, that probably are duplicates, with a specific color.

Then I'd sort al images (using the "Photos" view) by date. Duplicates should appear side by side. browsing the Photos view I'd reject (press "9") all images that appear side by side with a similar image and have a PhotoStream colr label.

How do I find duplicate images in Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.