Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone email signature is HUGE

Hi everyone,

I have the iPhone 5 that I just got. I have 2 email accounts, one is a Google Apps set up as Exchange, and the other is an @Outlook.com one I think set up as Hotmail on the phone.

I created my signature on my phone leaving the normal Sent from my iPhone and then added my name etc under it.

When I send an email to someone, the email sends at the normal size 10 or whatever it is font, but the signature is huge, like size 14 or something. I tried sending it from my @outlook.com to make sure it wasn't gmail and it does the same thing. If I log into my email on my computer and go into my sent folder, it's huge there as well, even though the email is normal size. It looks really embarassing emailing customers etc from my phone when it says Sent from my iPhone literally that large, looking like I'm trying to rub it in or something. Not sure if my 4S did it but can check but has anyone else experienced this?

Mail.app-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 7:55 AM

5 replies

Jun 22, 2014 1:54 AM in response to edokid

Hi Guys,

I also have this problem - I think it is something to do with the way apple (& iPhone/iPad etc..) mail creates and formats its messages. I have read some Community threads (e.g. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2779086) re: Apple mail in general and I think the issue is the following:

Apple CSS styles applied to signatures of outgoing messages (in the thread)

I'm not sure how to overcome this but I will also do some work into it, unless one of you guys or someone else has found the answer already?

Aanand

Aug 6, 2014 2:15 PM in response to AanandHQ

I had this same problem, except I was trying to put one in for work. It was huge! I thought about this CSS formatting issue.

What I found to work is this:

1- Open a new world document.

2- If you have a current signature with the correct font size then copy and paste it in this word doc.

If not, create one in Word and Save the document

3- Attach the document and e-mail it to yourself.

4-Open the e-mail and the document on your iPhone and copy the signature from the Word document.

5-Go to where you place the e-mail signatures thru settings=>mail=>signature

6-If you have a signature in there then highlight and backspace to erase it.

7-them paste the copied signature into the field.

8-Shake your iPhone to release any previous formatting.

9-Go back to your e-mail and try sending it. Open it on a computer and hopefully this will work for you as it did me.

iPhone email signature is HUGE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.