Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set Preview as default software for opening pdfs?

Intel iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 8:16 AM

This response by Demo in Pittsburgh, PA answered my question.

Demo Pittsburgh, PA

Select any pdf file that you have on your hard drive. Get info on the file. Highlight the file icon and press the command and "I" keys to bring up the info window on that file. There is a bar that says "Open With" that allows you to select different applications to open that type of file. Select "Preview" from that list and then click "Change All" below that bar, close the info window and I think that will get you back to Preview for opening the pdf files.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2013 8:16 AM in response to Fred Thorne

This response by Demo in Pittsburgh, PA answered my question.

Demo Pittsburgh, PA

Select any pdf file that you have on your hard drive. Get info on the file. Highlight the file icon and press the command and "I" keys to bring up the info window on that file. There is a bar that says "Open With" that allows you to select different applications to open that type of file. Select "Preview" from that list and then click "Change All" below that bar, close the info window and I think that will get you back to Preview for opening the pdf files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.