Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Charge on Indirect Revenue for Free Apps

One of XYZ Bank wants to distribute free iPhone & iPad App to their commercial customers through Public App Store,

Eventhough App is free to download & install, Bank wants to impose some monthly/yearly Fee on Services offered through installed Apps.

So Bank is gaining some indirect revenue on this App. Do Apple will charge any percent of money on this indirect revenue?

Is Apple declared legally anywhere that it is going to charge or not?

I have called around 5-6 customer support numbers but I dint get any clear information.

Do anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in Advance.

SCT

iPad, iOS 5, Both Smartphone & Pads

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 9:19 AM

10 replies

Jan 25, 2013 7:36 AM in response to SantoshCT

My understanding is that Apple does take percentage of any purchase made in-app, including subscriptions. This information may help:

https://developer.apple.com/appstore/in-app-purchase/index.html

If not, contact the Apple Developer Program here:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/submit.php

and ask for clarification on any details you may still find to be unanswered.

Regards.

Jan 26, 2013 5:43 AM in response to a brody

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies to guide me.

I have sent same query to Apple's iTunes Support Team, I got replay like this.

Hope this might help those people who are on same track.

"Dear San,

I'll be more than happy to assist you with your concern on

the free app that you you used in the public store and then charged your customer for using it.

I understand that you want to know if Apple will charge you for doing this type of business.

In order to make sure this gets looked into thoroughly, I've consulted with a senior advisor as well.

She then verified that Apple will not charged you. It is like transferring one app to a multiple device.

I hope I was able to resolve your issue.

"

Jan 28, 2013 7:04 AM in response to SantoshCT

I do not belive that the iTunes Store representative you talked to understood what you wish to do; either that or I didn't. I would suggest you ask Apple Developer Support about this before you develop any application through you which you will charge any sort of subscription, if I understand correctly to be what you are asking about. It is most certainly not the same as just transferring one app to multiple devices. Again, to the best of my knowledge, Apple does take a percentage of any service which is purchased as an in-app purchase.

Regards

Apple Charge on Indirect Revenue for Free Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.