Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Title and Author Displaying on the iBooks Bookshelf.

I have created a book using iBooks Author and connected my iPad to my iMac to Preview my book, the book previews correctly the information I have entered into iBooks Author, however when you look on the iBooks Bookshelf it says UNKNOWN TITLE and UNKNOWN ARTIST even though I have entered this on my title page in iBooks Author, however the icon of my book on the iBooks Bookshelf is showing correctly the photo on the cover and the title and author, can any one help with this please?

Also no Category is showing against my book onthe iBooks Bookshelf how do I add one please?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPod Touch, iPad3

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 9:59 AM

13 replies

Jan 24, 2013 2:29 PM in response to Incy

There's a couple of ways to do this. The easiest is for her to plug her iPad into your mac, and just hit Preview in iBook Author.

If she can't get to you, then export your book as an iBook file (File>export and select iBook format), take the resulting iBook file, and give it to her on disk, or via Dropbox (free cloud-based file sharing program). She can then copy it onto her computer,connect her iPad, drag the ibook file into iTunes, then sync her iPad.

Jul 10, 2013 5:12 AM in response to iceman600

To be honest, you should really put this under a seperate post of your own, but I'm not here to whine...

It sounds that you haven't defined the book title yet.

Open your book in iBooks Author and go to the panel on the left-hand side of your screen that shows your page thumbnails. Scroll to the top of this box, and find the panel that has the:

Book Title

Intro media

Table of contents

Glossary.

If your Book Title here says simply 'Book Title', then define it by double-clicking on the 'Book Title' text in the thumnails panel, and type in your book's title.

HTH.

Help with Title and Author Displaying on the iBooks Bookshelf.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.