Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay - iTunes lockup if remote device disconnected

I love AirPlay! I use Apple Remote on my iPhone to play my iTunes (Win 7 x64) shared library over several Bose Soundlink Airs (unbelievably world class great!!) and a JBL Sound Soundfly Air - my house is wired for sound! The JBL is plugged in the bathroom, and I need to unplug it when I use my hairdryer (lol!). I make sure nothing is playing through the JBL and put it in Standby before plugging it out. When I plug it back in, it reconnects to wifi, and I can play my iTunes library through it with remote successfully, but on the PC, iTunes is locked, with a window showing "connecting to JBL Soundfly xxxxxx". There is a "Stop" button in the dialog box, but it doesn't work. I cannot access or quit iTunes. If I go to Task Manager, it shows the program running as "Airplay" with the iTunes logo. I can force quit iTunes with task manager, but generally have to restart, as other things happen (screen won't go dark standby when it's supposed to). I realize there could be an issue with JBL's implementation of AirPlay, but the "stop" button in iTunes should work, and iTunes should know when the device reappears on the network. Any suggestions? (Install an additional outlet...). Apple?
Airplay is the greatest thing ever - not enough publicity about it! - JW

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 11:21 AM

There are no replies.

Airplay - iTunes lockup if remote device disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.