Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my time capsule to my desk top PC

I have my TC wirlessly connected to my macbook pro. It does the back up, but I also use it as a external hardrive to store things on. My wife has a windows PC I would like to connect to the time capsule via ethernet so she has access to the files I have on the TC. Any ideas on how to do this? any help would be great as this is not my area of expertease.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 2:33 PM

What OS is the PC running? Win8 is still problematic.. as we have no updates for the airport tools yet.

For whatever windows version you have download and install the right level airport utility.. this will also load in bonjour which helps locate Apple resources on the network for windows to use.

You can just google it but if you tell us which OS your PC is running we can point out the right utilty to download.

In the TC setup from a Mac, set the guest account to read and write.. not 100% needed but helps.. unless you have security issues this won't actually affect anything.

Also set the correct workgroup in the file sharing page.

User uploaded file

In windows explorer type the name of the TC or its IP address. (much easier if the name is single word ie no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

\\TCname or TCIPaddress

That should be enough to open the shared folders in the TC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2013 2:33 PM in response to johnfromwolfville

What OS is the PC running? Win8 is still problematic.. as we have no updates for the airport tools yet.

For whatever windows version you have download and install the right level airport utility.. this will also load in bonjour which helps locate Apple resources on the network for windows to use.

You can just google it but if you tell us which OS your PC is running we can point out the right utilty to download.

In the TC setup from a Mac, set the guest account to read and write.. not 100% needed but helps.. unless you have security issues this won't actually affect anything.

Also set the correct workgroup in the file sharing page.

User uploaded file

In windows explorer type the name of the TC or its IP address. (much easier if the name is single word ie no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

\\TCname or TCIPaddress

That should be enough to open the shared folders in the TC.

How do I connect my time capsule to my desk top PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.