Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage coming through on both my iPhone and iMac, is it possible

I have just received my first Mac and I'm having some issues with iMessage.

Basically I'm wanting to know if its possible to have iMessages coming through on both my iPhone and iMac at the same time, so that I can pick the iMessage up on whichever device I'm nearest too and if so, how is this done?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPad (3rd Gen) 32GB iPhone 5 32GB

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 12:36 PM

8 replies

Jan 24, 2013 1:48 PM in response to tal1971

It appears as though you have it set up right. It works for me for both text messages and facetime calls. I can't see what your phone number looks like with the black bar you put there, but does it look like this:

+44 1234 123456 ?

I ask because this is how my UK number was formated automatically, so possibly yours was not actually input as a phone number.

EDIT (heres a picture):

User uploaded file

Jan 24, 2013 1:46 PM in response to davidsignal

djcastaldo wrote:

It appears as though you have it set up right. It works for me for both text messages and facetime calls. I can't see what your phone number looks like with the black bar you put there, but does it look like this:

+44 1234 123456 ?

I ask because this is how my UK number was formated automatically, so possibly yours was not actually input as a phone number.

Thanks djcastaldo.

My telephone number appears the way youve mentioned.

iMessage coming through on both my iPhone and iMac, is it possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.