Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble ejecting DVDs (on an external player)

Hello, just got my new 27" iMac. When I plugged in the old external drive I used to use on my last iMac (24" 2009 model) it worked fine. However everytime I try to eject a dvd (either by dragging the icon into the trash or pressing the physical eject button on the player itself) I'm told that it can't be ejected because the disc is still in use. By the way, I've made sure to close DVD Player before hand.

The only way to eject discs is either to reboot the computer or physically unplug the player and then use the physical button to eject it before DVD Player registers it and starts to play the disc.

Obviously this is a pain to do every time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 12:45 PM

6 replies

Jan 24, 2013 1:18 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank Leroy for the link. Tried every suggestion on it and still...nada.

I should have mentioned in my original post that when I do try to eject it it first says it can't "because one or more programs may be using it" (of which I can assure you, none are.)

However there is a "force eject" button which I of course tried. Still nothing, although a message does pop up saying that the disc was ejected (of which I can assure you, it wasn't)

Any other suggestions?

Regards, Adam

Jan 24, 2013 3:12 PM in response to leroydouglas

Still nothing. When I enter the command it doesn't even give me the "One more program may be using it" message.

Interesting to note though in the terminal window when I call up the list, it displays all the info about the drive but under "Support Level" lists it as "Unsupported"

???

This is getting frustrating. : (

Thanks again for your help though. : )

Adam

Jan 24, 2013 3:40 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hey Leroy, sorry to keep bothering you. Not sure if you know about this (I don't to be honest) but I thought maybe it was a problem with firmware needing to be undated (based on the "unsupported" thing I already mentioned. Found a firmware upgrade program (TSDNMAC) for macs, but it some kind of reference to a "BIN" file (no idea what this is referring to). I think if I can find this BIN file thing I should be ablet to upgrade and hopefully that will solve my problem. Once again, any suggestions would be awesome, thanks

Adam

May 3, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Adam Burnett

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my samsung player (SE-208DB TS01)..

Have you found a solution? This issue is so frustrating and I can't seem to find any solution..

I found both the program and the BIN file here:

https://tsstodd.com/eng/firmware/fwdownload/?functionvalue=list&product=SDWE&mod el=SE-208DB&searchText=&pTop=150&mTop=0&tabIdx=1

But it doesn't seem to be working 😟 (the status is still on 'downloading' but not moving..)

Thanks,

Carol

Trouble ejecting DVDs (on an external player)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.