Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my imac run the fast speeds for google fiber?

How can I know in advance if getting the fast googlefiber will actually make my internet connection faster on my imac? Imac is four years old, running 10.6.8.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 2:21 PM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2013 2:41 PM in response to sandihac

Not knowing what you're current Internet speed is, I can't say for certain you'll really notice any difference for ordinary web surfing. I have a slow DSL and the only reason for getting a faster speed would be for downloading and uploading files. At around 1Mbps down and .38 up, pages load quite fast, so I don't think I'd notice the difference for ordinary loading of web pages. But going from my current DSL to Verizon fiber would make a significant difference for larger downloads. Right now a 1GB file takes over two hours; with 15/5 that would take far less, just minutes I suppose.

But to answer your initial question, the Mac won't have any problem with the increased speed.

Will my imac run the fast speeds for google fiber?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.