Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBPr, Windows 8 and Thunderbolt Ethernet - intermittent

Hi All

Yes I know Windows 8 is not supported and I have read the relevant kb article however, i am interested if any has had this minor issue and found a workaround.

I currently have Windows 8 installed in Bootcamp on a MacBook pro (retina) and it works really well. Home (gaming surfing etc.) and in the office it works well.

The issue I have is that the thunderbolt Ethernet is not always picked up when starting windows. I have it plugged in prior to boot and wondering if anyone else has this issue and found a workaround. If I reboot a number of times it actually does get picked up and works as normal.

I have checked the driver and the Bootcamp setup installed all drivers successfully. I even verified the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet is installed correctly.

Found the most successful way is to boot into Mountain Lion and warm boot into Windows 8, but again this doesn't always work.

Happy to live Wi-Fi only but wouldn't mind Ethernet when copying large amounts of data to and from at work.

Regards

Dave

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Other OS, Windows 8

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 1:06 PM

1 reply

MBPr, Windows 8 and Thunderbolt Ethernet - intermittent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.