Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast settings problem

I m on a podcast and the account settings to that podcast cannot be accessed by me or my coworkers that are on it because we do not know the Apple id or password. Is there a way to change the settings without an Apple id or password? We want to be able to change our podcasts logo and also have full control over our podcast, but we can't since we don't know the Apple id we're stuck and can't do anyting about it. We have a lot of Podcast subscribers and don't want to delete our current podcast feed and then have to migrate them over to a new podcast channel is something we want to avoid.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Chris

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 4:09 PM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2013 7:30 PM in response to Christopher_Z_91

There is nothing to change on the itunes side.

You need to chage all the items you mentioned from your side on the RSS feed.

So whomever is managing your RSS feed for you will be able to make the changes.

If you are not sure about that part - just put the link to your iTunes store page and I will take a look and see what RSS feed iTunes is using for your show.

Regards,

Rob W

podCast411

Jan 28, 2013 3:01 PM in response to Christopher_Z_91

You don't need the Apple ID. You can't edit anything in iTunes. Once you've submitted a feed - you do need an Apple ID and thus an iTunes account for that - iTunes takes all its information directly from the feed and all changes have to be made there - they will then be read by subscribers and by the iTunes Store after a couple of days.

The description for the entire podcast is carried in the 'itunes:summary' tag in the top section of the feed, between the 'channel' tag and the first 'item' tag.

Podcast settings problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.