Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ready to by a cam... so confused!

Would appreciate help.

My iMac: 3.4 Ghz Intel core i7, 16 GB memory, OSX 10.8.2

Intend to use iMovie 11

Hope to buy Sony HDR PJ 790

I have my eye on the Sony that won best at CES just a while ago, a good cam with great stabilization, shoots in AVCHD and mpeg 2, I need to check but I have other options for the formats it uses (maybe also mpeg4). But iMovie puts limitations on what it can receive from these cameras. First of all, the cam is too new to be listed on the compatible list. It's predecessor, the 760, is indeed listed there but there are limitations. iMovie will not work with content recorded in 60p. This cam is not listed at all as compatible in FCP at all.

So why should I get a great cam that has limitations when I want to use my iMac to edit? Or is there something I'm missing here? Would iMovie be OK with content in 60i?

These numbers don't mean much to me, I have just a light understanding of their meaning. If anyone can give me some guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cal

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 6:52 PM

There are no replies.

Ready to by a cam... so confused!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.