Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extract iMessage conversations from sms.db (sorry to ask)

i know you guys are sick of this kind of question but I am having real problems and i need to extract the conversations from iMessenger on Ipad, its actually extremely important and i deleted the conversation by mistake.

Nearly all of the post I have found relate to the iPhone but I need the iMessages from my iPad2.

I do not have an itunes sync so needed to get the file straight off my iPad.

My iPad is not jailbroken and I opened iExplorier and then files>documents and was able to coopy the sms.db onto my window PC.

If i right click on it and open it as a text file I can see the conversations are there but of course

they are jumbled up with the sql code.

i have tried the SQL extention in Firefox, SQLite Expert, SQLite Browser, RazorSQL and a few different ones but none of them work.

In Firefox and SQLite for example, I can open the sms.db file and see all of the table names but when i try and view the data nothing shows.

This is puzzling because as I said, if i open sms.db as a text file I can see the messages, I just cant find a program that can extract them.

Can anyone kindly suggest what I can do as this is beyond my knowledge.

Thank you in advance

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 6:04 PM

1 reply

Extract iMessage conversations from sms.db (sorry to ask)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.