Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i unlock my iphone

i found an iphone and it is locked

iPhone 3G

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 7:07 PM

9 replies

Jul 10, 2015 4:37 AM in response to neilmacbuk

NOT A HELPFUL RESPONSE..AND THIS RESPONSE IS NOT ME SHOUTING..IT IS FAR EASIER FOR ME TO USE CAPS "ON",AS MY SHIFT KEY IS ALWAYS BEHIND THE 8-BALL!!

SO..THERE ISN'T A UNIQUE PRODUCTION # FOR EACH iPHONE MADE?..AND STAMPED INSIDE OR OUT OF EACH PHONE..LIKE A COMPUTER,CAMERA ETC ALWAYS HAS..AND THE ID# IS USED SHOULD THE UNIT BE FAULTY BEFORE THE WARRANTY EXPIRES...?

ANY OTHER HELP TO ESTABLISH THE OWNER OF THE FOUND-iPHONE?

OR DO I COUGH-UP $US200-300 TO UNLOCK IT AND BECOME THE NEW OWNER??!!

THANKS APPLE-COMMUNITY..I'M WAITING....

Jul 10, 2015 5:17 AM in response to neilmacbuk

neilmacbuk wrote:

NOT A HELPFUL RESPONSE..AND THIS RESPONSE IS NOT ME SHOUTING..IT IS FAR EASIER FOR ME TO USE CAPS "ON",AS MY SHIFT KEY IS ALWAYS BEHIND THE 8-BALL!!

No, you're just rude.

SO..THERE ISN'T A UNIQUE PRODUCTION # FOR EACH iPHONE MADE?..AND STAMPED INSIDE OR OUT OF EACH PHONE..LIKE A COMPUTER,CAMERA ETC ALWAYS HAS..AND THE ID# IS USED SHOULD THE UNIT BE FAULTY BEFORE THE WARRANTY EXPIRES...?

ANY OTHER HELP TO ESTABLISH THE OWNER OF THE FOUND-iPHONE?

That would violate numerous privacy laws.

OR DO I COUGH-UP $US200-300 TO UNLOCK IT AND BECOME THE NEW OWNER??!!

That would make you a thief.

Turn it over to the proper authorities. If you don't think they'll do anything about it, then take a look and see what carrier it's on and hand it over to them.

Jul 10, 2015 5:31 AM in response to neilmacbuk

neilmacbuk wrote:

Just because something is easier for you does not make it less rude. It would save me lots of time if I never had to say things like please, thank you and excuse me. It would be easier for me to take pens off of my co-workers' desks rather than to walk down the hall to the supply cabinet. That doesn't make it polite.

Jul 10, 2015 9:18 AM in response to neilmacbuk

neilmacbuk wrote:

OMG!! all you modern people think of is the ethics you invented for texting and emailing..one doesn't have to be a sheep and follow-the-leader..over-the-cliff or wherever.

Ethics aside..am i any closer to establishing the owner of said iphone5?

No..the only reponses i have had are arrogance and ********.

sorry i asked..end-of-story..

The original answer I gave to you was correct: you cannot get that information.

how can i unlock my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.